Is Elisa Johnston (Average Advocate) the Public Speaker you are looking for?
Having listened to hundreds of speakers over the years and being involved in many events myself, I understand the desire to find the right speaker for your events. Considering, I want to help you decide easily if I am the right speaker to meet your needs.
Need to decide quickly? Check out Elisa’s Speaker One-Sheet Here.
Making It Easy For You
To make it easy for you, this is what you can expect:
1.) Prompt replies to emails and texts about the event
2.) Phone call prior to the event to better understand how I can serve your audience well and clarify expectations
3.) Preparation to be able to present dynamically and meet your objectives
4.) Follow-up after the event on how I could improve your experience working with me
Although I love to tailor presentations specifically for my audience from my area of expertise, such as actively engaging on a myriad of social issues, finding personal vision and purpose, or christian discipleship–the following are the presentations which best suit most audiences:
- Be an Ordinary, Normal, Everyday World Changer
-This speech brings the overwhelming complexity of changing the world back to the basics. Elisa will take humorous bits and pieces of her story to reveal a path to your audience, empowering them to find their own way in their everyday ordinary lives to make a difference.
- When Ordinary People Do Something About Human Trafficking
-Elisa will unveil the issue of human trafficking to you through a combination of facts and stories, while ending on hope. She underwent speaker training by Polaris and the Northern Virginia Human Trafficking Task Force, was the founder of a regional anti-trafficking organization and an annual international anti-trafficking challenge, the LBD.Project.
- JustKids: Using The Issue of Human Trafficking To Teach Kids to Care, Act, and Protect Themselves From Exploitation or Raising World Changers While Being One Yourself
-Being a mom of three kids, while being an advocate for the poor and oppressed has given Elisa an unique platform to speak on this subject. She understands juggling life, motherhood and work, while still trying to do good in the big, “bad” world. This keynote focuses on giving practical tips, while telling a stories that will both inspire and gently lead parents to be intentional about raising compassionate and empowered kids. You can choose between a more general presentation or choose a focus on human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- The Pursuit of Purpose: How to Be Who You Were Meant To Be and Do What You Were Born To Do
-Elisa’s own journey of pursuing my “calling” has been one of confusion, striving, and burn-out. But slowly, a story has been woven, just like all of our stories are. Through her own experiences in leadership, intentionally, making disciples of Jesus, and practicing life-coaching–there is a message of hope to spare others pain and to learn how to live a life they were born to live.
- The Evolution of a World Changer
- Three Reasons the Church Must Respond To Human Trafficking (and they aren’t what you might expect)
- How to Start an Organization that Makes a Difference in Social Issues
- Forming a Weekend Backpack Program to Help Local Hungry Kids
- How To Raise World Changers While Still Being One Yourself
- Protecting Your Child From Sexual Exploitation Yourself
- Five Characteristics of a World Changer
- Being a Stay-At-Home Mom When You Really Want To Do Something Else (Like Change the World)
- Recovery For Burnt-Out World Changers
- How To Find Your Best Fit As a World Changer
- What Does the Bible Really Say About Poverty and Justice?
- Worldview and Overviews of World Religions
- Five Ways People Relate to God–And the One That Works
- Discipleship in the Real World: Making Followers of Jesus
- The Cost of Following Jesus
A Little About Me
I have grown up in a world serving others–both a good thing and a bad thing. If interested, you can read more about my life experience on my consulting-coaching page. As it relates to speaking, I have the stories and experiences to provide both entertainment and value in my speaking engagements (whether I share about the time we accidentally stole a car in Mexico or toughing through motherhood while itching to do something more “significant”).
My Myers-Briggs personality is an ENFJ, which means my main descriptors are “Advocate, energizer, discoverer, catalyst: giving life, you and ideas an extra squeeze,” while falling in the 5% of humankind with other great public speakers like Oprah Winfrey, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and James Dobson (William Jefferies, Profiles of the 16 Personality Types, p.87).
Now, I am not claiming to have the skill of these excellent communicators, but I do promise to help your audience think differently, while leaving them both challenged and inspired with vision for a better them and a better world.
“She inspired me to do something. She really did.”
~Valma, stay-at-home mom of one baby and three teenagers
“Elisa is full of wisdom and insight. With her knowledge, she challenged me to seek a closer walk with Jesus. I highly recommend Elisa as a speaker for any event, especially for women looking to be stretched to the next level.“
~Sandra, Women’s Ministry Leader
- Probable date/time/location
- Desired topic(s)
Check my availability by contacting me below. Thank you for considering me for your event!
Comments or questions are welcome. Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form
Comments or questions are welcome.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form